A college is considered as an academic institution of higher learning offering three-year degree courses. In colleges, the library occupies a prominent position and it is an important and integral part of the teaching programme. It is not merely a depository of books, but an active workshop instrument in the production of or original thinking. The aim of college education and college libraries in inter-related.
1. To provide resources necessary for research in the field of interest to the college;
2. To help the teacher in keeping abreast of developments in his field;
3. To provide library facilities and services necessary for the success of all formal programmes of the institution;
4. To open the door to the worldwide of books that lie beyond the borders of one’s own field of specialization; and
5. To bring books, students and scholars together under conditions, which encourage reading for pleasure, self-discovery, personal growth and sharpening of intellectual curiosity.